A Faithful Tradition of Caring
About St. Columban’s on the Lake
It is the mission of St. Columban’s on the Lake to provide a nurturing and affordable retirement home environment for people who no longer feel confident about meeting the challenges of living alone, but who still enjoy a degree of physical independence. Because St. Columban’s is a nonprofit retirement home, the sole focus of management, staff and volunteers is always the comfort of our residents—while affirming the worth and individuality of each.
Origins - The Missionary Order of St. Columban
Built in 1928, the main facility that comprises the retirement home originally housed a Minor Seminary for young men run by the Columban Fathers, The Missionary Society of St. Columban. In 1968, after the seminary was closed, the Columban Sisters were inspired to turn the structure into a retirement home for men and women of all faiths and in May of 1970 St. Columban’s on the Lake Retirement Home began welcoming residents.
St. Columban’s has been serving the surrounding communities for over 40 years and is administered by the Columban Sisters—who in the course of serving their missionary order, focus on caring for the poor, the sick, and elderly. Today, as a home to individuals who need assistance with the transitions that life presents each of us as we age, St. Columban’s remains true to the loving spirit that has always motivated the Sisters.