Volunteer Your Time
We want our residents to enjoy as active a lifestyle as possible … and to help make that goal a reality we would welcome your kind assistance. For example, you might:
- Serve as a the driver or helpful accompaniment during a group outing
- “Chauffeur” a resident to a personal appointment or run an errand on their behalf
- Help with onsite events and celebrations
- Share your talent as a musician or performer
- Organize and lead fun, age- and health-appropriate activities
- Become a resident’s pen pal
… Or offer an idea of your own!
We strongly encourage life-long learning—recognizing that mental stimulation also has great benefits for one’s physical well-being and emotional health. To help keep our residents intellectually engaged, we’re always looking for outside experts to come and share their knowledge. If you have deep expertise on a topic you think would be of interest to our residents, please let us know. Whether for a single evening or afternoon, or for a series of lectures or training sessions, St. Columban’s on the Lake would be excited to have you join us!